At the moment it seems kind the time for light cuisine, it`s just way to hot for sumptuous meals and guess what guys? Barbecue season is on anyway! Man, I love barbecue, I just could do this every weekend in summer without getting bored, believe me. Only problem here: not owning a grill…That`s why I transformed my oven into a grill, I mean if it has a grilling function why not use it right?
First of all, I`m still experimenting with this, trying to get similar results as with a real grill. And although my first try, these yummy oven-grilled corncobs, didn`t look as fancy as they would made on a grill, they actually tasted quiet good, especially with the basil-ricotta dip, which gave the corncobs the so needed refreshment.
What you need:
this serving makes 2 corncobs & one bowl of dip
- 2 corncobs, I used precooked ones
- 20g butter
- salt & pepper
- 5 to 10 leaves of basil, depending on how strong you prefer the flavour
- 250g ricotta
- preheat oven at 200° Celsius,
- remove leaves from corncobs, wash them
- rub corncobs with soft butter, add salt and pepper while turning the corncobs slightly
- put corncobs on a baking tray or directly on the grid of your oven
- if you want to, wrap the corncobs in tinfoil, I for myself just put them on a baking tray, didn`t want any mess
- grill (make sure to put your oven on grill) for 20 to 30 minutes until golden brown, don`t forget to turn over the corncobs from time to time
- wash the basil, cut it into little pieces
- add basil and ricotta in a bowl, if you prefer you can puree everything
- add salt & pepper, mix well and put in the refrigerator, you want this dip really cool believe me
Hope you like this simple summer recipe and wish you all a happy barbecue time. Enjoy!
Love you guys,