This recipe is for all of you with a sweet tooth, who can`t resist a sticky, creamy treat, like this homemade salted caramel sauce. The sweet, but slightly salty flavour will blow you away, it`s a combination made out of heaven!
You can use this sauce for many delicious treats, like salted caramel cupcakes, salted caramel ice cream or salted caramel iced coffee. I used mine to bake some mouthwatering German salted caramel filled donuts, which I`m going to share with you soon. In addition the sauce is perfect to top desserts.
For this recipe no candy thermometer is required and it`s done within 10 to 15 minutes. You definitely have to try this, believe me!
This recipe is inspired by sally`s baking addiction.
What you need for one jar (250ml):
- 200g brown sugar
- 90 to 100g butter
- 100 to 120ml single cream
- 1 1/2 tea spoons fleur de sel (salt)
- pour the sugar into a pan, heat over medium heat and stir continuously until all the sugar melted into a thick liquid
- add the butter, stir until the butter is completely melted, be careful as the mixture will start to bubble
- Cautiously add the single cream and salt, let boil for about 1 to 2 minutes, your sauce should start to rise in the pan
- cool down your salted caramel for 10 minutes, fill into a jar and store in the fridge
- for later use: store in the fridge and reheat the sauce in your microwave or oven when needed
See how easy this is?
Hope you give it a try and I really would like to know what creations you guys like to make with your homemade salted caramel sauce?
Oh and please follow Velvet & Vinegar at bloglovin!
Read you soon,