These fellows are called tortilla triangles, because they are stuffed with red bell pepper and red onions, my favourite ingredients for a Spanish tortilla. They also have some delicious potatoes mixed in, because the traditional tortilla just is no tortilla without potatoes, duh.
The slightly sweet flavor of the red bell pepper makes such a tasty addition to the rustic aromatic onions and potatoes, your friends and family will definitely love this one.
Besides being a easy, quick to make and most importantly a super delicious meal, it`s an absolutely go to recipe if you have any left over vegetables, you don`t want to throw away. Because believe me or not, but these buddies can be stuffed with almost everything without loosing any of their tastiness.
So feel free to fill them with anything you like. If your not the vegetarian type, try adding chorizo or bacon to this recipe.
What you need (for 5 half moons):
- 320g whole wheat puff pastry
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 100g small potatoes, waxy
- 60g grated cheese, I used gruyère
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon rape oil
- 1 egg
- bell pepper powder to decorate
- preheat the oven at 180° degrees
- rinse off potatoes and red bell pepper, peel the onion
- cut potatoes, onion and red bell pepper into small slices
- heat rape oil in a pan, add your sliced vegetables, potatoes 3 minutes before the rest of the vegetables, braise for about 3 minutes
- dab off the excessive fat/oil, season with salt and pepper
- flour a surface, roll out your dough (circa 5mm), cut out dough circles with a diameter of approximately 8 to 10cm
- add 2 or 3 teaspoons of your vegetables in the middle of your dough circles
- fold one half of your circle over the other one, forming half moons covering your vegetable filling
- seal the half moons by pressing a fork into the ends of the pastry
- whisk an egg in a bowl, spread a little bit of the egg over the top of your half moons
- bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes
- serve on a big plate and sprinkle bell pepper powder over your tortilla half moons
Despite it`s simplicity, such a delicious treat- Everyone will love it and it`s just made for the upcoming colder seasons.
read you soon,