Today I have some Mexican inspired food in store for you guys. The Texmex and Mexican cuisine is the best one all over the world if you ask me. Who agrees with me? I`m freaking addicted to this stuff. Literally I could eat this every day! Anyone out there with the same addiction for this type of food?
Mexican and Texmex food has so many flavours and delicious ingredients to offer. Jalapeños, avocado, beans, sweet corn and cilantro, just to name a few. What`s not to like about this right? Also there are plenty of possibilities to transform this type of cuisine into vegan or vegetarian dishes. If you are in for some hot stuff, these wraps will be perfect for you! Ready to get your mouth burning?
By the way these wraps also work for vegans, just skip the cheese and the sour cream and there you have a perfect vegan meal.
Ingredients (for one wrap):
- 1 wheat or corn tortilla
- 4 curled lettuce leaves, rinsed off
- 1 tablespoon canned sweet corn
- 2 teaspoons jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- preheat the oven at 180° Celsius.
- lay the curled lettuce leaves out on the tortilla. They should cover the whole tortilla.
- put sweet corn, jalapeños, grated cheese and sour cream on the middle of your tortilla. Spread evenly in the middle of the tortilla.
- season with salt and pepper and wrap your tortilla.
- put in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. The tortilla should get a slightly golden color.
Of course you can make a lot more wraps, just add up the amount of ingredients depending on how many you wish to make.
These wraps are healthy, spiked with different coloured food, hot hot hot and quickly done. Perfect variation for taco Tuesday!
Read you soon,