- 100g risotto rice
- 500ml water
- salt to your taste
- black pepper to your taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 150g beetroot, cut into little pieces
- 30g grated Gruyere cheese
- pour canola oil into a pan and heat. Add the finely chopped onions. If they sizzle the oil has the right temperature.
- add the risotto rice and cook both until the onions get transparent looking.
- pour in the water and reduce the temperature to low heat.
- add salt and pepper to your taste and the beetroot pieces.
- cook on low heat whilst constantly stirring until the rice gets a creamy consistency.
- add pressed garlic and mix well.
- serve on a plate and sprinkle over the grated cheese.
If you`re not going to eat all of the risotto you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge up to two days.
So far I`m looking into more dishes using beetroot. Anyone having any ideas that you would like to share?
Read you soon,