Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 200g penne
- water, enough to cover all the pasta
- salt to your taste
- pepper to your taste
- 40g fresh basil leaves
- 30 to 40g pine nuts
- 50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 50 to 75ml olive oil, depending on the size of your jar
- 1 jar
- put basil leaves, pine nuts, grated cheese and maximum half of the olive oil into a bowl.
- mix everything with a hand-held blender until you got a homogenous paste. Season with pepper and if you like salt.
- pour your pesto into the jar and fill it up to the top with olive oil.
- bring water to a boil in a pan. Add salt and penne. Cook following the instructions on the packing.
Of course you don`t have to use your homemade pesto right away. You can store it in the fridge up to one week. There`s also the possibility to prepare a huge batch for several jars that you can freeze. Like that you can enjoy your pesto whenever you like.
Read you soon,