Hey you, garlic lover! Are you ready for a culinary adventure that will make your taste buds dance? Then buckle up! Because today it’s all about an easy vegan garlic bread. And it is perhaps the best garlic bread you’ve ever tasted! And the absolute highlight? You can easily make it yourself at home. And you can even use the old bread that’s been lurking around in your cupboard since the day before yesterday. Sounds good, right? Well then, let’s get this garlic party started!Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Garlic is the rock star spice of the kitchen, so to speak. Whereby…. Is garlic by definition a spice or a vegetable? Hmm 🤨… Ok, according to the search engine with the capital G, garlic is a vegetable. But anyway…
With its intense aroma and its unique ability to give every dish that certain something, garlic has won a firm place in our hearts (and garlic pots – where it always feels like it’s rotting 😜).
And when it comes to garlic, there’s no compromise – whether you’re a vegan or a meat lover. You simply have to love garlic or you’ll be excluded from this clique. 🤣
And here it comes. After all, we all need another recipe in our repetoire to use up leftovers and avoid food waste. I’m assuming that you know the following situation only too well, don’t you?
You still have a few slices of stale bread lying around and don’t quite know what to do with them. The good news is: with simple ingredients, minimal creativity and a good portion of garlic, you can conjure up a real flavor miracle in no time! So, say goodbye to food waste and hello to delicious garlic bread made from stale bread!
However, it should definitely be emphasized here that the garlic plays the major part in this magical event. The rest is side piece.
Let’s dive into the wonderful world of garlic bread! Imagine: juicy, crispy bread infused with buttery, aromatic pieces of garlic. A sight that makes your mouth water. Let’s not even talk about the smell. Or maybe we should…
You can almost feel the scent in your nose, can’t you? When the bread comes out of the oven, your home will be filled with the tantalizing aroma of garlic – a scent so irresistible that only vampires will run for the hills! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside – a vegan garlic bread to die for!
Preparing a perfect garlic bread doesn’t require Gordon Ramsay skills, but I do have a few little tricks up my sleeve. Otherwise I would be completely unnecessary here.
First, of course, you need the right bread. A fresh baguette or ciabatta is best. Both have a crispy crumb and a softer, airy texture on the inside, which harmonizes perfectly with the garlic.
Next, it is important to find the right spices and flavors for the garlic butter. Here you can let your imagination run wild. Traditionally, “vegan” butter is mixed with garlic and chopped parsley, but you can also add other herbs, such as rosemary or thyme. My absolute favorite is chives in combination with parsley, as I used for this recipe.
Or try something new, perhaps a pinch of chili for an extra spicy note? The decision is up to you, feel free to experiment a little!
The moment of truth has arrived! Take the garlic bread out of the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Okay, we all know it’s hard to be patient, but trust me, it will be worth it. After all, we don’t want to get blisters on our tongues, we want to enjoy a delicious homemade vegan garlic bread.
Vegan garlic bread is not only a fantastic accompaniment to a steaming soup or a hearty stew, it is also the perfect party snack. You can even use it as a base for delicious sandwiches or bake it with vegan cheese – the possibilities are endless!
Congratulations, you’ve managed to whip up your own homemade vegan garlic bread in your kitchen! With a few simple ingredients and a pinch of garlic magic, you have created a dish that will delight you and your loved ones. So, say goodbye to boring bread and hello to a taste experience that is guaranteed to leave an impression!
Bon appétit, you garlic hero!
*This blog post was created to experiment & to test Neuroflash.de (KI). The recipe is mine, not KI generated!
Easy Vegan Garlic Bread
- 1 Food Cutter
- 1 Garlic press optional
- 1 spatula
- 1 Rectangular baking tray
- baking paper
- 1 Baguette or ciabatta bread
- 100 g vegan butter or margarine Room temperature
- 4 Garlic cloves*
- 1 bunch curly parsley
- 1/2 bunch Chives
- 1/2 tsp Salt*
- Preheat the oven to 200° Celsius top and bottom heat.
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic cloves.
- Wash, drain and finely chop the herbs.
- Put all the ingredients except for the bread into a food cutter and blend into an aromatic herb butter. Who m
- Mix the butter, salt and garlic together in a food cutter. Mix briefly. Garlic can be added gradually, as preferences are individual. If necessary, start with 2 cloves and then add another 1-2 cloves. I like a strong garlic flavor.
- Fold in the herbs and mix everything well again.
- Now cut the bread diagonally from the top, like an accordion. However, do not cut all the way through. Use a scraper to spread the garlic butter generously in the incisions*.
- Place the bread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. The bread should be golden-brown and crispy on the outside. If you want an extra crunch, you can place the bread under the oven grill for the last 2-3 minutes. But make sure that nothing burns.